Employees of Goodwill go to work each day just like everyone else. They stock shelves in retail stores, drive trucks, balance spreadsheets in accounting, manage people and much more. They earn their paycheck just like everyone else. But at the same time they are also earning a second paycheck. They are helping fund, through their work, training and job programs what will put people with employment barriers in our community back to work.
Goodwill currently has an opening for a Sales Team Lead at a retail location.
The Team Lead will assist and support the Management Team to insure the proper and successful operation of the Retail store.
• Provides and promotes exceptional customer service for internal and external customers using the AIM customer service program to insuring repeat shoppers and donors.
• Leads staff using the AIM customer service program to resolve customer dissatisfaction.
• Works to resolve customer dissatisfaction issues; seeks manager on duty assistance when necessary.
• Supports a clean and pleasant shopping environment.
Retail Sales Floor:
• Supports the oversight of the sales floor engaged in selling donated items.
• Supports the Sales Associates by processing transaction voids, refunds and other customer service needs.
• Monitors quality and quantity of goods going to sales floor.
• Reviews sales in each department to identify areas of opportunity.
• Monitors supply levels of merchandise bags and supplies needed for the registers.
• Leads rotation and purge of merchandise insuring all commodities are being rotated properly.
• Communicates inventory needs on the sales floor to the production team.
• Maintains a clean and safe environment at the entrance of the store and the parking lot. This includes store front windows.
• Responsible for floor recovery throughout the day.
• Merchandises goods in an appealing and shop worthy manner.
• Conducts routine safety checks on shopping carts for safety belts.
• Monitors sales floor for seasonal moves as necessary.
• Supports team work atmosphere.
• Leads employees with established policies and guidelines in compliance, safety, security, sales, productivity and record keeping procedures and practices.
• Assist with training employees.
• Provides input to the manager regarding employee performance.
• Performs work of fellow employees on an as needed basis.
• Drives positive reinforcement and motivation to all associates.
• Ensures that all items found on the sales floor that are considered recalled are removed, recorded on the recall activity log and properly disposed of.
• Stay current with recall notices.
• Assures we are providing our employees, donors and shoppers with a safe environment. Reports areas in need of maintenance to the Store Manager in a timely manner.
• Attends store safety and team meetings as required.
• Completes all training required in a timely manner.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and web based programs desired.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Goodwill offers a competitive salary and benefits for full time employees such as medical, dental, vision, life, retirement, educational reimbursement, EAP, STD, LTD, and PTO. We offer retirement and EAP benefits for part time employees. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
“Helping people and families in our communities achieve a better life through work and independence.”
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.