Employees of Goodwill go to work each day just like everyone else. They stock shelves in retail stores, drive trucks, balance spreadsheets in accounting, manage people and much more. They earn their paycheck just like everyone else. But at the same time they are also earning a second paycheck. They are helping fund, through their work, training and job programs what will put people with employment barriers in our community back to work.
Goodwill is currently hiring for a Team Lead in Retail Production at one of our retail stores.
JOB PURPOSE: The Team Lead will assist and support the Management Team to insure the proper and successful operation of the Retail store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides and promotes exceptional customer service for internal and external customers using the AIM customer service program to insuring repeat shoppers and donors.
• Leads staff using the AIM customer service program to resolve customer dissatisfaction.
• Works to resolve customer dissatisfaction issues; seeks manager on duty assistance when necessary.
• Supports a clean and pleasant shopping environment.
• Supports the oversight of the production area engaged in receiving and processing donated merchandise.
• Leads the processors to meet daily productivity goals in all commodities and reports deficiencies to production manager.
• Monitors quality and quantity of goods going to sales floor.
• Appraises and prices house wares, furniture and “mark-up” textiles with the intent of maximizing sales.
• Maintains a clean and safe environment in the donation, production and compactor areas.
• Assures that backroom is organized, clean and productive following the Kaizen method of standardization and organization.
• Supports team work atmosphere.
• Leads employees with established policies and guidelines in compliance, safety, security, sales, productivity and record keeping procedures and practices.
• Assist with training employees.
• Provides input to the manager regarding employee performance.
• Performs work of fellow employees on an as needed basis.
• Drives positive reinforcement and motivation to all associates.
• Ensures that all items found in donations that are considered recalled are not sent to the sales floor for sale to the public. Items discovered on the sales floor will be recorded on the recall activity log and properly disposed of.
• Stay current with recall notices.
• Assures we are providing our employees, donors and shoppers with a safe environment. Reports areas in need of maintenance to the Store Manager in a timely manner.
• Attends store safety and team meetings as required.
• Completes all training required in a timely manner.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested for successful completion of the mission of Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, Inc.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES SPECIFICATIONS
• Physical demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, push or pull up to 400 pounds utilizing a wheeled container or pallet jack will be required. For Outlet Store operations, the employee is required to operate a forklift and tipping machine to load and unload containers for placement onto the sales floor. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Experience, Competencies and Education
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and web based programs desired.
• Language skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Mathematical skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
Supports the retail store and its team members engaged in selling a general line of merchandise ensuring that sales goals are achieved.
oodwill offers a competitive salary and benefits for full time employees such as medical, dental, vision, life, retirement, educational reimbursement, EAP, STD, LTD, and PTO. We offer retirement and EAP benefits for part time employees.
Goodwill offers a competitive salary and benefits for full time employees such as medical, dental, vision, life, retirement, educational reimbursement, EAP, STD, LTD, and PTO. We offer retirement and EAP benefits for part time employees.
“Helping people and families in our communities achieve a better life through work and independence.”
Goodwill is an equal employment/affirmative action employer.